Green Terror (Aequidens rivulatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
249,837.177 mL 249.8 Litres (66 US G.)
33.02 cm 22.9-33cm (9-13 ")
6.5 - 7.5
527.67 °R 297.15 K
534.87 °R20 -24 °C (68-75.2°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Green Terror, Greenie, Gold Saum, Silver Saum
Additional scientific names
- Acara aequinoctialis, Acara rivulata, Chromis rivulatus, Andinoacara rivulatus
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males are much more colourful, larger and develop a nuchal hump as they mature.
- Green Terror's are substrate spawners and caring parents. They form a bond at a young age, mature fish are more difficult to bond.
- Green Terrors are best kept alone or with a few small dither fish (which may get eaten) or robust catfish such as Plecos in a 208.2 Litres (55 US G.) or more. If you wish to keep them with other species of Cichlid you'll need at least a 378.5 Litres (100 US G.) or more to allow for territories. This fish can really live up to its common name!
- They will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp.
- 3 times daily for juveniles (12.7cm (5") and smaller)
- 2 times daily for adults (12.7cm (5") and larger)
- Only feed small amounts, only what they can eat in 2 minutes.
- A well-filtered tank is a must. They enjoy thick rockery and robust plants as well as several pieces of driftwood.
- An aggressive fish, and should be kept with fish of the same or larger size only in a huge tank. Being Cichlids, they do dig, and plants will probably get uprooted in the process. Best kept solo.
- A very attractive fish, there are two known colour varieties depending on geographical location. One has white edging to the fins (white saum) whereas the other has more yellow/orange edging (standard). It is an oval-shaped fish with a rounded caudal fin. The dorsal is pointed. The upper back is dark-green with the flanks being iridescent paler green. The body is generally quite iridescent giving the impression of several colours and bars.
|Aggressive Green Terror:|
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )