African Arowana (Heterotis niloticus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
567,811.767 mL 567.8 Litres (150 US G.)
39.37 in 90-100 cm (35.4-39.4")
6.5 - 7.2
536.67 °R 303.15 K
545.67 °R25 -30 °C (77-86°F)
- African Arowana, African Bony-Tongue, Heterotis Arowana, Stoneside
- Clupisudis niloticus, Heterotis adansoni, Heterotis adansonii, Heterotis ehrenbergii, Heterotis nilotica, Sudis adansonii, Sudis nilotica, Sudis niloticus
- This fish does not tolerate it's own kind. Will eat any fish smaller than itself but is non-aggressive towards larger fish. Keep with larger robust but relatively peaceful tank mates such as Silver Dollars or large Plecos.
- A plankton and filter feeder and should accept most meaty foods like live worms, small fish, insects and shrimp. Some may wean on to dry foods, but not always.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- It is a more of a brownish colour than a silvery colour, but as they grow older they get darker in colour. They don't have the upward mouth like the other Arowanas. They have more of a rounded head and no barbels on their mouths. They are very uncommon for sale but are cheap when they are found for sale.
|In a community tank:|
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )