African Giant Filter Shrimp (Atya gabonensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
African Giant Filter Shrimp
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
15.24 cm 10.2-15.2cm (4-6 ")
6.5 - 7.8
534.67 °R 302.039 K
543.67 °R23.9-28.9°C (75 -84 °F)
- African Giant Filter Shrimp, Vampire Shrimp, African Fan Shrimp
- It is often difficult to distinguish between male and female. But it has been noted that males are more active in comparison.
- Compatible with most dwarf shrimps
- These shrimp are filter feeders, so will filter very small food particles from the water. A well established aquarium should provide them with most of the food they need, but to supplement you can crumble flakes or pellets in the water column and they will should get some of that. Similar to the more well known Bamboo Shrimp in this respect.
- Supplement when necessary, a few times a week should suffice.