Seba Mono (Monodactylus sebae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
567,811.767 mL 567.8 Litres (150 US G.)
9.843 in 20-25 cm (7.9-9.8")
1.002 - 1.010
7.5 - 8.2
534.87 °R 301.15 K
542.07 °R24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Seba Mono, African Moony
Additional scientific names
- Psettus sebae
| This section requires expansion with:
Methods for differentiating male and females.
- Should only be kept with other peaceful fish. May prey on fish able to fit into it's mouth.
- Will accept most foods, but cannot survive on dry foods alone. Ensure to feed live or frozen foods occasionally.
- Feed on a daily basis, once a day should suffice, but twice is acceptable.
- Is a brackish fish, but is much more tolerable of low salinities in comparison to other Monodactylus species. If kept in brackish water, and SG of 1.002 to 1.007 is suggested.
- A reserved species, which on occasion will move around actively, particularly at feeding time. Has known to prey on smaller species.
- Completely different to other Monos, however has been confused with Freshwater Angelfish.
|In a pet store tank:|
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )