Ornate Horned Frog (Ceratophrys ornata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Ornate Horned Frog
37,854.118 mL 37.9 Litres (10 US G.)
12.7 cm 10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
7.0 - 8.0
534.67 °R 302.039 K
543.67 °R23.9-28.9°C (75 -84 °F)
- Ornate Horned Frog, Pac-Man Frog, Argentine Horned Frog
- These are highly predatory amphibians and are cannibals. They are best kept alone.
- They eat invertebrates such as crickets, locusts, waxworms, superworms, earthworms and roaches. Other foods including pinkies and feeder fish can be fed as a treat as the frog grows larger. Feeder Goldfish should be avoided as they are very fatty.
- Feed once a day.
- These are not aquatic amphibians and are not good swimmers, a bowl of water does need to be provided for them at all times in their enclosure but it must be no deeper than their body and replaced every day. They require a thick layer of bark chips or similar sphagnum moss, which can be sprayed to increase then relative humidity.
- Horned frogs spends much of their time buried in the substrate of their vivarium. They will use their water bowl as a toilet as well as a place to rehydrate.
- How to id the animal.