Banded Archerfish (Toxotes jaculatrix)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208,197.648 mL 208.2 Litres (55 US G.)
30.48 cm 20.3-30.5cm (8-12 ")
1.002 - 1.007
7.0 - 8.0
536.67 °R 302.594 K
544.67 °R25-29.4°C (77 -85 °F)
- Banded Archerfish
- Sciaena jaculatrix
- Difficult to visually sex.
- Primarily a surface feeder, but will occasionally occupy the middle of the tank as well. Only with other brackish or hard water species, such as Monodactylus and Scatophagus.
- Although adaptable, the use insects and other invertebrates regularly in their diet is preferred.
- Feed lightly every day, twice a day, or heavily every other day.
- Brackish water fish, SG 1.002 to 1.007, but can adapt to freshwater - however it is preferred if this condition is kept only temporarily. Lower the water level slightly as jumping can occur.
- Rather active fish, becoming more so when in groups. Famous for their 'archery' abilities, where they shoot jets of water at insects above the water's surface.
- Differ from other Toxotes by having their banding extending into their dorsal fin, with only vertical banding. May or may not have a yellowish tail.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )