Batasio Catfish (Batasio batasio)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
10.16 cm 7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
6.0 - 7.0
523.67 °R 298.15 K
536.67 °R17.8-25°C (64 -77 °F)
- Batasio Catfish
- Pimelodus batasio, Gagata batasio, Macrones batasio
- Males have an elongate genital papilla in front of the anal fin.
- A peaceful Catfish that does best in groups of at least 3-4 or more of its own kind. Keep with other fish that enjoy strong currents such as Danios and river Loaches.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Provide this fish with a spacious well-filtered tank with plenty of hiding places in rockwork and bogwood. They prefer tanks with a strong current and plenty of oxgyenation. They can be quite sensitive so the tank should be well matured.
- An active and peaceful catfish.
- This Catfish has a compressed but slightly elongated body with short barbels. They are pale creamy yellow in colour with a thin black mid-lateral stripe.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )