Batasio Catfish (Batasio batasio)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
6.0 - 7.0
298.15 K17.8-25°C (64 -77 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Batasio Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Pimelodus batasio, Gagata batasio, Macrones batasio
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males have an elongate genital papilla in front of the anal fin.
- A peaceful Catfish that does best in groups of at least 3-4 or more of its own kind. Keep with other fish that enjoy strong currents such as Danios and River Loaches.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Provide this fish with a spacious well-filtered tank with plenty of hiding places in rockwork and bogwood. They prefer tanks with a strong current and plenty of oxygenation. They can be quite sensitive so the tank should be well matured.
- An active and peaceful catfish.
- This Catfish has a compressed but slightly elongated body with short barbels. They are pale creamy yellow in colour with a thin black mid-lateral stripe.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )