Brichard's Synodontis (Synodontis brichardi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
132,489.412 mL 132.5 Litres (35 US G.)
5.906 in 12-15 cm (4.7-5.9")
6.0 - 8.0
531.27 °R 298.15 K
536.67 °R22 -25 °C (71.6-77°F)
- Brichard's Synodontis, Brichard's Syno
- Difficult to sex visually and there are no known reports of this fish being bred in captivity.
- A peaceful fish that should be kept with similar sized peaceful fish, it can, however, hold its own and would be fine with larger fish or semi-aggressive fish provided they do not bully this peaceful Syno.
- An omnivore that will graze on soft algae as well as being partial to insect larvae or brine shrimp and other live food. Also supplement with spirulina.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish hails from the lower Congo rapids in Africa, this is an area of heavy turbulent water flow, and in a tank environment it needs a well oxygenated tank with a strong current and plenty of bogwood and rock hiding places. It is sensitive to water quality issues.
- A peaceful fish.
- This fish is long and tubular in shape with a sucker-mouth and three pairs of short barbels. It is brown-purple in colour with thin vertical yellow bands, this colour will fade as the fish ages.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )