Tailspot Tetra (Bryconops caudomaculatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
94,635.295 mL 94.6 Litres (25 US G.)
5.118 in 12-13 cm (4.7-5.1")
6.5 - 7.5
533.07 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
- Tailspot Tetra
- Not known, females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
- This fish should be kept in shoals of at least 6. Should not be kept with smaller fish or fish with long finnage.
- Omnivorous, will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as daphnia and bloodworm.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Shoaling fish that appreciates a good current and open swimming space.
- This fish can be nippy and will be pushy amongst themselves. Keep in a good sized shoal in order to keep any aggression within the species group.
- An elongate slender fish. The body is iridescent silver with hints of orange. The fins are translucent with some hints of orange in the forked caudal fin. The base of the caudal fin is dark in colour.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )