Tail-Light Tetra (Bryconops melanurus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
94,635.295 mL 94.6 Litres (25 US G.)
4.724 in 10-12 cm (3.9-4.7")
5.6 - 6.8
533.07 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
- Tail-Light Tetra
- Not known, females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
- Must be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Can be kept with other similar sized peaceful community fish.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and bloodworm.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Must be kept in a spacious tank with dense planting and dark substrate with some open swimming space.
- A peaceful shoaling community fish.
- An elongate Tetra with silver colouration across the body and translucent fins and a forked caudal. The lateral line darkens to a deep grey towards the caudal peduncle.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )