Big-Eyed Synodontis (Synodontis pleurops)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
170,343.53 mL 170.3 Litres (45 US G.)
25.4 cm 22.9-25.4cm (9-10 ")
6.0 - 7.0
531.27 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Big-Eyed Synodontis, Congo Squeaker, Bug Eyed Syno
- Cannot be sexed without physical handling.
- A peaceful, but skittish fish, do not keep with highly aggressive fish, but it can hold it's own with semi-aggressive tank mates. May pose a threat to small fish.
- Omnivorous and will take most foods, prefers algae and vegetable-based foods over meat.
- Feed once or twice a day. This fish can be out-competed for food, so make sure tank mates don't beat it to its dinner.
- Prefers a planted tank with plenty of hiding places. Prefers to hang vertical than on the substrate so tall plants and upright décor such as bogwood is appreciated.
- A peaceful and relatively active Syno, can be skittish.
- A distinctive looking Synodontis. This fish has a large head with large round eyes, a long and forked caudal fin with black bars running through each lobe. The general colour is mottled silver-grey with brown/black markings, some variations can appear spotted or striped. Vivid markings will fade as the fish matures.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )