Great Snakehead (Channa marulius)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
1,324,894.123 mL 1324.9 Litres (350 US G.)
70.866 in 150-180 cm (59.1-70.9")
6.5 - 7.5
534.87 °R 301.15 K
542.07 °R24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Great Snakehead, Bullseye Snakehead, Cobra Snakehead
- Channa marulia, Ophicephalus marulius, Ophicephalus grandinosus, Ophicephalus leucopunctatus
- This is a very large, aggressive and predatory fish that, if kept with other fish, should be in very large aquaria and with similar size or larger than the Snakehead and very robust.
- A fairly unfussy fish that will accept the vast majority of meaty foods including crickets, earthworms, tadpoles and pieces of fish. In the wild they take frogs, fish, birds, snakes and small rodents!
- Feed sparingly once or twice a day. This fish has a voracious appetite.
- This fish requires extremely large secure aquaria, a tropical pond is ideal.
- A very large, predatory and aggressive fish.
- How to id the animal.
|In a holding tank:|
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )