Marbled Hatchetfish (Carnegiella strigata strigata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Carnegiella strigata strigata
56,781.177 mL 56.8 Litres (15 US G.)
5.08 cm 3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
5.0 - 7.5
534.67 °R 302.039 K
543.67 °R23.9-28.9°C (75 -84 °F)
- Marbled Hatchetfish
- Carnegiella strigatus, Gasteropelecus strigata, Gasteropelecus fasciata, Gasteropelecus vesca
- Only identifiable during spawning when eggs can be seen in the females body.
- A peaceful top-dwelling fish that should be in shoals of 6 or more. They should not be kept with boisterous fish and work well in a peaceful community where the other fish are mid-bottom dwelling.
- Primarily carnivorous, preferring live/frozen food such as bloodworm and daphnia. May also take floating pellet or flake food.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Needs to be kept in shoals of at least 6. Must have a tight fitting lid with no gaps whatsoever on their tank as they're excellent jumpers.
- A peaceful entirely top-dwelling fish.
- A very distinctive looking fish. A convex body with "wing" like pectoral fins. The body colour is iridescent silver with black stripes or blotches.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )