Threadfin Butterflyfish (Chaetodon auriga)
From The Aquarium Wiki
264,978.825 mL 265 Litres (70 US G.)
22.86 cm 17.8-22.9cm (7-9 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.5
531.67 °R 297.039 K
534.67 °R22.2-23.9°C (72 -75 °F)
- Threadfin Butterflyfish, Auriga Butterflyfish
- Chaetodon sebanus, Chaetodon setifer
- This fish cannot be visually sexed and is not bred in captivity.
- This fish can be shy and is often found in pairs in the wild. Do not keep with aggressive or boisterous fish.
- Will graze on algae, and will also eat small invertebrates and polyps. Must be supplemented with frozen, live foods such as plankton and vegetables if these aren't available, and include vitamin-boosting supplements also.
- Supplement several times a week, or daily if not enough algae is present.
- Should be kept in a very mature established system as they are very sensitive to water chemistry. Plenty of live rock with algae growth should be present as well as plenty of hiding places.
- A shy and peaceful Butterflyfish.
- High sided slender fish with a white body crossed with dark yellow/brown lines, a black bar covers it's eye and the back end of the fish is yellow, complete with a black spot on the dorsal.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )