Clarias Catfish (Clarias batrachus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
378,541.178 mL 378.5 Litres (100 US G.)
60.96 cm 45.7-61cm (18-24 ")
5.6 - 8.0
527.67 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R20 -26 °C (68-78.8°F)
- Common Walking Catfish, Walking Catfish, Clarias Catfish
- Mature males have spots along the anal fin.
- Keep with large robust fish, anything smaller will be eaten. Suitable tank mates include large Cyprinids, such as the Bala Shark or Tinfoil Barb, or Central American Cichlids (not African).
- Complete omnivore. Will devour anything including small fish, plant matter, pellet and flake foods, frozen/live bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Twice a day.
- Large spacious tank with deep-rooted plants and places to hide, clay pipes are welcome decor as hideaways.
- This fish can survive for long periods out of water, hence it's name. They grow fast and will gorge themselves on any foods offered.
- A large fish with long dorsal and anal fins with a rounded caudal fin. Strong pectoral fins, which are used to help it "walk" when it's out of water. They come in several colours including the an olive/green brown, a piebald spotted and a naturally occurring albino.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )