Estuary Catfish (Cnidoglanis macrocephalus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
757,082.356 mL 757.1 Litres (200 US G.)
88.9 cm 61-88.9cm (24-35 ")
1.015 - 1.025
8.0 - 8.6
527.67 °R 298.15 K
536.67 °R20-25°C (68 -77 °F)
- Estuary Catfish, Cobbler
- Plotosus macrocephalus, Choeroplotosus decemfilis, Choeroplotosus limbatus
- Difficult to visually sex. Are not captive bred.
- A large yet generally peaceful fish that should work with similar sized robust tank mates. As juveniles they don't seem to mind their own kind but adults prefer to be solitary. They will eat inverts however and are best in very large fish-only set ups.
- Prefers meaty foods such as krill, shrimp etc.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- An inshore marine species which lives in shallow bays and sandy inlets near river mouths. Found most frequently over sand, rocks and weeds in clear to turbid waters. Needs a very large set up with large hiding places in rock work. They thrive best in marine set ups rather than brackish and tanks should be mature and well filtered.
- A generally peaceful very large catfish that prefers to hide during the day.
- A large bodied catfish with a broad head and 4 sets of barbels around the head. They have a fairly striking colouration, with dark brown base mottled with yellow/orange spots.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )