Combtail (Belontia signata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
12.7 cm 10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
6.0 - 7.5
533.67 °R 299.817 K
539.67 °R23.3-26.7°C (74 -80 °F)
- Combtail, Ceylonese Combtail, Comb-Tailed Paradise Fish, Ceylon Combtail
- Polyacanthus signatus
- Males are more vibrantly coloured with slightly longer finnage.
- These fish are aggressive so are not suitable for a community tank. Should only be kept with robust similar sized fish or in a species tank.
- Will accept most foods including pellet, flake and spirulina as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a large spacious tank with dense planting and hiding places in bogwood and rocks.
- An aggressive predatory fish.
- Similar to the Paradise Gourami in shape, the body colour is pale yellow-brown with reddish hints and rounded caudal fin. The dorsal, caudal and anal fins are red in colour with blue iridescent banding.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )