Pacific Fat Sleeper Goby (Dormitator latifrons)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
Pacific Fat Sleeper Goby
246,051.766 mL 246.1 Litres (65 US G.)
16.142 in 39-41 cm (15.4-16.1")
1 - 1.015
7.5 - 9.5
536.67 °R 306.15 K
551.07 °R25 -33 °C (77-91.4°F)
- Pacific Fat Sleeper Goby
- Dormitator latifrons mexicanus, Eleotris latifrons, Hemieleotris carmenensis
- This fish is difficult to sex visually.
- A bottom dweller and a carnivorous predator. Do not keep with fish smaller than this fish's mouth!
- Carnivorous, preferring live food. Feed food such as krill, brine shrimp, bloodworm or small pieces of fish.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a sandy substrate with plenty of rocks and caves. Will dig in the substrate and kick up a lot of dirt, so good filtration is a must.
- A bottom feeder, will root through the substrate looking for food, in the wild it sifts muddy estuaries for plankton. Will also eat any fish that comes close enough and fits in it's mouth.
- Body is dark green/brown with numerous small white/cream spots. The body is compressed and the head is flat, it has spines on many of it's dorsal and anal fins.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )