Common Hygrophila (Hygrophila polysperma)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from East Indian Hygrophila)
7.0 - 8.0
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
30 cm (11.8")
10 cm (3.9")
- Common Hygrophila, Indian Swampweed, East Indian Hygrophila, Miramar Weed
- Green Hygro - Hygrophila polysperma
- Sunset Hygro - Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'
- Ceylon Hygro - Hygrophila polysperma 'Ceylon'
- South East Asia
- Fast growing plant, perfect for beginners with basic tank lighting. This plant has become a common invasive weed in waters in Florida.
- There are several colour forms available for this plant, there is the green with thin leaves, a green with broader leaves, and another where new growth is red-pink. It is fast growing and easy to take cuttings from.