False Moorish Idol (Heniochus diphreutes)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
False Moorish Idol
378,541.178 mL 378.5 Litres (100 US G.)
20.32 cm 17.8-20.3cm (7-8 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.0 - 8.5
529.67 °R 297.039 K
534.67 °R21.1-23.9°C (70 -75 °F)
- No known visual differences.
- A peaceful fish that does well in a non-aggressive tank mates and others of their own kind provided the tank is large enough. In small tanks they may become territorial.
- Will accept most foods, prefers a meaty diet of both fresh, frozen and prepared foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank and is fairly hardy to water parameters. Prefers a medium to strong current.
- A generally peaceful fish, although can be territorial towards its own kind in small tanks. Is generally reef-safe but may eat sessile invertebrates, this is not common however.
- This fish mimics the colouration on the Moorish Idol, and looks very similar to it's cousin the Heniochus acuminatus. It differs by having a shorter snout and larger eyes. Also the rear black stripe on H. diphreutes splits the center of the anal fin with the white mid-body stripe, whereas the black stripe of H. acuminatus ends higher up on the anal fin.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )