Glowlight Danio (Danio choprae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Glowlight Danio)
6.0 - 8.0
- Glowlight Danio
Additional scientific names
- Danio chopraii, Danio choprai
- Asia: Irrawaddy in northern Myanmar.
- Mature males will be more slender, smaller and more colourful than the females.
- An active fish best in groups of 5-6 or more. Generally peaceful but should not be kept with slow-moving long-finned fish nor with larger predatory fish. Best in with other micro-sized fish.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Must have a laterally spacious tank with ample open swimming room as well as some tall plants in which to hide. They do not do well with very bright lighting.
- A very active fish that prefers to be in groups of its own kind.
- An attractive smaller Danio. The body has a brilliant orange longitudinal band and a series of vertical blue-black bars on the flanks. The fins are edged with yellow.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )