Golden Dwarf Cichlid (Nannacara anomala)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Golden Dwarf Cichlid
94,635.295 mL 94.6 Litres (25 US G.)
6.35 cm 5.1-6.4cm (2-2.5 ")
6.0 - 8.0
531.27 °R 298.15 K
536.67 °R22 -25 °C (71.6-77°F)
- Golden Dwarf Cichlid, Goldeneye Cichlid
- Acara anomala, Acara punctulata, Nannacara taenia
- Females are noticeably smaller than males. Females have different colouration than males, see identification.
- These small cichlids can be kept as a pair in a species tank, or as part of a larger community tank. Generally peaceful, but two males may fight.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake (provided they are a tank-bred strain), as well as brine shrimp, bloodworm and daphnia
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a tank with plenty of hiding places. Does best in soft acidic water without bright light.
- A generally peaceful dwarf cichlid that is mostly mid-bottom dwelling. A cave-brooding substrate spawner, a pair will care for a spawn with the female caring for the brood and the male guarding the territory.
- Males are blue-green when adult, with banding only when in a subdued mood. Females are orange-brown with dark longitudinal bands. Males have dorsal and anal fin extensions.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )