From The Aquarium Wiki
Help: Getting Started
There is a lot to find on The Aquarium Wiki Encyclopaedia - currently 3,030 articles!
There's a lot here, whether a fish profile, review of pet food or equipment, a local club or society in your area or just more on that odd phrase you've read or heard others talking about.
So here are a few tips:
- Spelling is the ugly monster on the Internet - if you can't spell it, then the search engine usually isn't so good at guessing what you're after. Luckily we use Google, which has a great spell guesser, so it often offers an alternative to click upon.
- Try not to use the shift or caps lock key. The Aquarium Wiki search engine will come up with the right page regardless of capitalisation.
- When looking for a particular aquatic animal, it's useful to know the scientific species name to really pin it down. But we try to list animals by their most well-known common names as well, even if your local shop just makes them up!
- To search for a specific aquatic creature or item, use the site's search function at the top right of the page. Alternatively, if you want to browse, use the contents on the Main Page to find the category, sub category, and eventually the page you're looking for.
- If you are feeling like you don't care what you read as long as you read something on this site, click on the 'Random page' button. This is fun as you may come across something new!
- If you are still stuck and can't find what you want, try the categories page.
- If you are still having trouble, just ask!