Georgett's Tetra (Hyphessobrycon georgettae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
75,708.236 mL 75.7 Litres (20 US G.)
4.064 cm 2.5-4.1cm (1-1.6 ")
6.0 - 7.0
533.07 °R 300.15 K
540.27 °R23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
- Georgett's Tetra, Georgis Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Hyphessobrycon georgetti, Hemigrammus georgettae
- South America: Suriname.
- Mature females will have a fuller thicker body than males.
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Does well with other peaceful community fish, do not keep with aggressive or predatory fish.
- Will take most foods including flake, pellet and live/frozen foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Appreciate a mature spacious tank with both dense planting and open swimming space.
- A peaceful mid-swimming shoaling fish.
- Similar in body shape to the Cardinal Tetra, however, this fish is translucent with the spine and stomach visible. There is glittering iridescence on the body and fins.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )