Rio Meta Tetra (Hyphessobrycon metae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
Rio Meta Tetra
45,424.941 mL 45.4 Litres (12 US G.)
1.575 in 3.5-4 cm (1.4-1.6")
5.8 - 6.5
532.67 °R 300.928 K
541.67 °R22.8-27.8°C (73 -82 °F)
- Rio Meta Tetra
- Tricky to visually sex. Mature females may be slightly plumper than males.
- A peaceful fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Will co-exist with most other peaceful community fish but avoid keeping them with slow-moving long-finned fish or fish that are large enough to eat it.
- Omnivorous, should take pellets and flake as well as live and frozen food.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish prefers a spacious tank with open swimming place and room to shoal. Some hiding places in plants would be appreciated.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- An attractive little tetra, its body is almost translucent with iridescent green-yellow on the body and a white band from the gill to caudal peduncle. Towards the caudal peduncle it is black in colour with some yellow colouration.