Lemon Tetra (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
56,781.177 mL 56.8 Litres (15 US G.)
5.08 cm 3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
5.5 - 8.0
533.07 °R 301.15 K
542.07 °R23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
- Lemon Tetra, Citron Tetra
- Hemigrammus erythrophthalmus
- There is a black line on the edge of the anal fin, in females this will be very fine, whereas on males it's much thicker, and even cover a majority of the anal fin. Mature females will also be broader when viewed from above.
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Does well with other peaceful community fish, do not keep with aggressive or predatory fish.
- Will take most foods including flake, pellet and live/frozen foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Appreciate a spacious tank with both planting and open swimming space.
- A peaceful mid-swimming shoaling fish.
- A fairly high-sided tetra, similar to the Serpae Tetra. The body is pale yellow in colour, this also goes for the fins which also often have black borders. The eyes are red.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )