Coffee Bean Tetra (Hyphessobrycon takasei)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
Coffee Bean Tetra
56,781.177 mL 56.8 Litres (15 US G.)
1.575 in 3-4 cm (1.2-1.6")
5.0 - 7.8
531.27 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Coffee Bean Tetra
- Females are more rounded and robust than the slimmer males.
- A peaceful shoaling fish that should be groups over 6 and best kept in a peaceful biotope set up.
- Will take most foods including pellet and flake, as well as live/frozen foods such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Appreciate open swimming space as well as tall plants to hide in. They don't like very strong currents or very bright lights. Sensitive to water parameters, so make sure they have a mature tank and good quality filter. Prefers soft acidic conditions.
- This fish is a generally peaceful shoaling fish.
- An attractive Tetra similar to the Serpae Tetra in shape. The body is paler however, from a pale orange to almost white and translucent with a hint of blue iridescence in the right light. There is a large black oval mark on the flanks behind the gill plate - shaped like a coffee bean giving this fish it's common name. The dorsal fin also has a dark spot with yellow colouration towards the base of the fin. The anal fin is pale orange and the pelvic fins yellow, the caudal fin is also a pale yellow. The eye also has a black vertical bar running through it.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )