Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
56,781.177 mL 56.8 Litres (15 US G.)
5.08 cm 2.5-5.1cm (1-2 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, Indo-Pacific White-Banded Cleaner Shrimp, Indo-Pacific White-Striped Cleaner Shrimp, Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp, Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
- These shrimp are hermaphroditic.
- Peaceful shrimp that will 'clean' fish. Do not keep with aggressive fish or other invertebrates that may eat or attack it. The shrimp can be kept singly or in groups.
- Removes dead tissue and parasites from passing fish. They will also clean your hand while you do tank maintenance.
- Will pick at passing fish.
- It will not tolerate copper or high levels of nitrates in the aquarium, but will require correct levels of iodine in the water to promote proper moulting.
- A peaceful shrimp, will set up a 'cleaning station' where passing fish will pause to have parasites and dead tissue removed.
- This shrimp has a pale yellow body and legs with two bold red stripes running down its back with a white stripe dividing the two. There are two white spots at the end of its tail. It can be mistaken for the Lysmata grabhami, but the L. grabhami does not have these spots.