Lace Catfish (Synodontis nigrita)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
208,197.648 mL 208.2 Litres (55 US G.)
8.661 in 20-22 cm (7.9-8.7")
6.0 - 7.5
529.47 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R21 -26 °C (69.8-78.8°F)
- Lace Catfish, Lace Synodontis
- Hemisynodontis nigrita, Synodontis fascipinna, Synodontis leopardinus, Synodontis negrita, Synodontis ornatus, Synodontis schall
- Cannot be visually sexed but can be sexed with physical handling, not recommended unless experienced, see the Planet Catfish link below. There are records of it being bred in aquaria but instances are rare.
- Can be aggressive and territorial once mature but should be fine in tanks with similar sized to larger robust yet peaceful mid-top dwelling fish. Can be kept with other Synondontis provided the tank has a large footprint and plenty of hiding places.
- Not a fussy eater and should accept most sinking foods as well as live/frozen bloodworm etc.
- Feed once or twice a day. They have a big appetite so be careful not to overfeed!
- Provide this fish with a mature spacious tank with plenty of caves and hiding places to choose from.
- More aggressive than most Synodontis but can be kept in a large community tank with other Synodontis if given it's own cave. Spends most of it's time hiding but comes out to eat.
- Typical Synodontis in shape with a dark grey body with black spots on the body and clear spotted fins giving it a "lace-like" appearance.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )