Thai Micro Crab (Limnopilos naiyanetri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Thai Micro Crab
18,927.059 mL 18.9 Litres (5 US G.)
0.394 in 0.8-1 cm (0.3-0.4")
7.2 - 8.0
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Thai Micro Crab, Freshwater Spider Crab, Micro Crab, Laos Micro Spider Crab
- Due to this Crab's tiny size they should either be kept in species tanks or they may work with small shrimp species such as Cherry Shrimp or with very small fish such as Ember Tetras.
- Will eat a general scavenger diet, similar to Cherry Shrimp, including sinking shrimp/crab pellets. They will also filter-feed using the bristles on their claws and legs.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a mature tank with plenty of hiding places and live plants.
- They will thrive on algae filled tanks.
- Shy and non-aggressive. They tend to spend most of the time among plants.
- A tiny crab, it is light grey with patterns on its carapace, claws and legs varying from brownish to light beige. They also have unusually long legs and can fold them away to appear just half as long.