Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab (Calcinus laevimanus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab
75,708.236 mL 75.7 Litres (20 US G.)
2.54 cm 1.3-2.5cm (0.5-1 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab, Hawaiian Reef Hermit Crab, Left-Handed Hermit Crab
- Requires close examination
- Will not bother fish tankmates, but may prey on snails for their shells.
- Will eat many kinds of algae, including red slime algae. If there's not enough algae present, supplement with dried seaweed.
- Reef tank.
- A small hermit. The lower half of its eye stalk is blue, and the upper half, orange. The legs are striking with black and white banding.