Fairy Cichlid (Neolamprologus brichardi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
94,635.295 mL 94.6 Litres (25 US G.)
3.937 in 9-10 cm (3.5-3.9")
7.5 - 9.0
531.67 °R 298.15 K
536.67 °R22.2-25°C (72 -77 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Fairy Cichlid, Brichardi, Princes of Burundi, Lyretail Cichlid
- Lamprologus brichardi
- Difficult to visually sex. Dorsal and anal fins appear slightly longer on males. Males can be larger than females, but this is really noticeable only after they've paired up.
- An aggressive Cichlid best in Tanganyikan species set ups.
- Not a fussy eater. Will eat most foods including Cichlid pellets, and live and frozen foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Needs a rocky aquascape with lots of caves and a sandy substrate. A known jumper, so a secure lid is a must. Best kept in small groups.
- An aggressive Cichlid that forms strong pair bonds.
- This fish looks very un-cichlid like and quite stunning. It has a pale base colour with a black line by its eye and another on its gill plate and a yellow dot in between. But the most striking part of the fish is its lyre-shaped tail.
|Parent with fry:|
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )