Magnificent Anemone (Heteractis magnifica)
From The Aquarium Wiki
189,270.589 mL 189.3 Litres (50 US G.)
76.2 cm 25.4-76.2cm (10-30 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
533.07 °R 298.15 K
536.67 °R23 -25 °C (73.4-77°F)
- Magnificent Anemone, Ritteri Anemone
- Radianthus ritteri
- This creature will sting nearby corals, and will consume anything that swims in its grasp. Clownfish have a symbiotic relationship with this creature.
- Frozen foods, small pieces of fish, crustaceans, zooplankton, phytoplankton, and mussels.
- Requires a very large set up due to this anemone's potential huge size. The tank should be well lit and have good water flow.
- This is a large anemone, grows up to 3 feet in wild, but rarely more than 1 foot in captivity. It has long non-tapering tentacles, although the ends may appear swollen at times. It is able to almost completely retract into the base.
- This anemone prefers strong, intermittent, water flow.
- The following Clownfish are known to host this anemone: