Mekong Red Fin Zebra Eel (Macrognathus meklongensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Mekong Red Fin Zebra Eel
132,489.412 mL 132.5 Litres (35 US G.)
7.008 in 11-17.8 cm (4.3-7")
6.5 - 7.8
533.07 °R 301.15 K
542.07 °R23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
- Mekong Red Fin Zebra Eel
- Difficult to visually sex, mature females may appear plumper than males.
- Will not harm other fish, although as it gets to a larger size it may view smaller shrimps and fish fry as foods. Tolerant of its own species as well as other Spiny Eel species.
- Accepts meaty foods like bloodworms and small shrimp. They can eat flake food as well but will eventually die from a strict diet of just flake food, the flake food should also be fed with bloodworms or small dried shrimp. When larger they can also eat common garden earth worms.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- As these fish like to burrow, use a soft, sandy substrate in their tank. Incorporate pieces of wood and rock work in order to create more hiding places - but ensure that the rocks are well placed so that they are not undermined by this species' burrowing habits. Plants may get uprooted during their forays.
- They are usually bottom dwellers during night but can also come to the surface or mid level for food during the day if hungry.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )