True Red Congo Tetra (Micralestes stormsi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
True Red Congo Tetra
94,635.295 mL 94.6 Litres (25 US G.)
3.937 in 9-10 cm (3.5-3.9")
6.0 - 7.6
531.27 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- True Red Congo Tetra
- Females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in groups of 6 or more. Keep with other active peaceful community fish.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with plenty of open swimming space as well as some hiding places.
- An active shoaling fish.
- An elongate fish with a forked caudal fin. The back is quite flat with a rounded belly, the scales are large and iridescent silver and the top half of the iris is red. The caudal fin can have hints of red running through it.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )