Chocolate Surgeonfish (Acanthurus pyroferus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
283,905.884 mL 283.9 Litres (75 US G.)
20.32 cm 17.8-20.3cm (7-8 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Chocolate Surgeonfish, Pacific Mimic Surgeon, Orange-Gilled Surgeonfish, Mimic Surgeonfish, Mimic Lemon Peel Tang
- Hepatus pyroferus, Acanthurus armiger, Acanthurus celebicus
- These fish are difficult to sex visually.
- Top, Middle or Bottom feeder?
- More detail on diet...
- How often to feed, etc.
- A typical oval-shaped Tang which is yellow when juvenile. It has blue highlights around the eyes and gill covers, mimicking the Lemonpeel Angelfish (Centropyge flavissimus). When mature, the body colour darkens towards tan with red highlights forming around the eyes and pectoral fins. The dorsal, anal, and caudal fins take on the hues of green but remain tipped with the tan body colour.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )