Regal Tang (Paracanthurus hepatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
283,905.884 mL 283.9 Litres (75 US G.)
30.48 cm 27.9-30.5cm (11-12 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.5
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- A reasonably peaceful fish that is reef compatible. Should not be kept with other Tangs as it may be territorial towards others of both its own species and those of similar shape.
- Will eat most foods and prefers a varied diet. Will take mysis shrimp, blanched vegetables and prepared foods.
- Once or twice a day.
- Needs a large and spacious tank with places to hide and open spaces to swim.
- An active and curious fish that often has a distinct personality. This fish has often been known to "play dead" a lot when first added into the tank.
- Thanks to the film 'Finding Nemo', the Regal Tang is now easily identified by most people. It's base colour is a vivid blue/purple with a darker blue/black band across the top half of the body, the pattern will vary from fish to fish. The caudal fin is yellow and outlined in black and the pectoral fins are also tipped with yellow.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )