Parrot Cichlid (Hoplarchus psittacus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
12.598 in 25-32 cm (9.8-12.6")
5.5 - 7.5
540.27 °R 303.15 K
545.67 °R27 -30 °C (80.6-86°F)
- Parrot Cichlid
- Males, when mature, Have a rounder, larger look when females are are usually smaller
- Top, Middle or Bottom feeder?
- Prefer Krill, and larger high protein pellets
- Every other day
- Well planted tank with sand as the substrate, and bogwood.
- A peacful cichlid, that can be timid or bullied by more aggressive cichlids.
- As a juvenile, the Hoplarchus Psittacus does not display its adult coloration. The juveniles have a much more camouflaged look, dulled out with gray and dark teal. As they grow, they turn a much richer teal
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )