Leopard Catfish (Perrunichthys perruno)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
567,811.767 mL 567.8 Litres (150 US G.)
23.622 in 50-60 cm (19.7-23.6")
6 - 7.5
534.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R23.9-25.6°C (75 -78 °F)
- Leopard Catfish, Perruno Catfish
- Difficult to visually sex. Mature females may be thicker set in appearance than males.
- A very large growing fish that will eat anything that fits in its very large mouth. Best kept with similar-sized fish in very large aquaria, such as Oxydoras niger and large Characins or South American Cichlids.
- More detail on diet...
- How often to feed, etc.
- Can be mistaken for Leiarius marmoratus which is more common than this fish. The fish are identical in terms of colouration although P. perruno has 8 (1 hard and 7 soft) dorsal fin rays, Leiarius has 10 or 11.
- The Perruno is a chunky catfish with a broad head and large mouth with three sets of barbels. It is brown in colour with large darker spots.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )