Super VC-10 (Placidochromis milomo)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
208,197.648 mL 208.2 Litres (55 US G.)
27.94 cm 25.4-27.9cm (10-11 ")
7.8 - 8.6
537.67 °R 300.928 K
541.67 °R25.6-27.8°C (78 -82 °F)
- Super VC-10, Milomo
- Dimorphic, Males have more colour and females are mostly grey/black. Females are typically not as colourful, additionally the eggs spot(s) on the anal fin will not be as defined.
- Best kept either in a species tank or with other milder-tempered similar-sized Haplochomines & Peacock Cichlids. Will eat small fry and the males are only territorial towards other males of the same species during breeding and courtship. It is best to keep one male to a tank. It is a fairly solitary species so will not mind being kept alone.
- This fish has thick rubbery lips that seal off small holes so the fish can suck in insect larvae, crustaceans, and occasionally other Mbuna fry.
- Once or twice a day.
- Found in deep rocky habitats in Lake Malawi. Requires a spacious well-filtered tank with large rounded river rocks and caves.
- Mildly Aggressive.
- A fairly large growing Malawi Haplochromine cichlid. They can reach 22.9-27.9cm (9-11"). Juveniles and females have irregular black and white stripes, with the males getting a blue head and, depending on how the light hits the body, it could be a bright red or blue. They often only develop their well documented thicker lips in the wild and not in captivity.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )