Beadlet Anemone (Actinia equina)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
208,197.648 mL 208.2 Litres (55 US G.)
12.7 cm 5.1-12.7cm (2-5 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
500.67 °R 296.15 K
533.07 °R5 -23 °C (41-73.4°F)
- Beadlet Anemone, Red Anemone
- This anemone can be territorial towards other anemones and sting both other anemones and soft corals. It can eat small fish and inverts also. Keep this anemone with caution.
- Carnivore: shrimps, fish, crabs and other small creatures it can catch, it also needs light to produce zooxanthellae.
- Two to three times a week in captivity. In the wild it catches it food in the tidal zone.
- Shore and tidal zone, rocky substrate, and on stones in the literal zone.
- Generally peaceful, but might sting other small corals and catch small fish and crayfish and eat them.
- Red body and tentacles, with blue knobs around the mouth.