Short-Finned Congo Tetra (Rhabdalestes septentrionalis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Short-Finned Congo Tetra
94,635.295 mL 94.6 Litres (25 US G.)
2.756 in 6-7 cm (2.4-2.8")
6.0 - 7.5
531.27 °R 301.15 K
542.07 °R22 -28 °C (71.6-82.4°F)
- Short-Finned Congo Tetra
- Hemigrammopetersius intermedius
- Females are fuller in the belly than males.
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in groups of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish but nothing with long fins.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Keep in a spacious tank with lots of open swimming space as well as hiding places amongst dense planting.
- An active shoaling fish.
- An elongate slender fish with a forked caudal. The body is translucent and silver with an iridescent yellow-green lateral line. The fins are mostly transparent but the caudal has hints of yellow colouration.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )