Chocolate Cichlid (Hypselecara coryphaenoides)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
246,051.766 mL 246.1 Litres (65 US G.)
8.661 in 15-22 cm (5.9-8.7")
5.0 - 6.0
531.27 °R 303.15 K
545.67 °R22 -30 °C (71.6-86°F)
- Chocolate Cichlid, Rio Negro Chocolate Cichlid
- A large and potentially aggressive Cichlid. Prefers to be kept in groups and tank mates must be of similar size and equally robust.
- A carnivorous cichlid that appreciates a meaty diet such as earthworms, shrimp and fish.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Must be kept in an acidic or blackwater environment. Will rearrange the tank, so only keep with solid decor and tough well-rooted plants. Appreciate large open swimming space and needs excellent filtration.
- This fish is able to change its colouration depending on mood but it is generally dark-brown to black with a blotch centred above the lateral line and extending into the base of the soft dorsal fin. The body is elongate with a gradually elevated profile.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )