Tiger Cowrie (Cypraea tigris)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
15.24 cm 8.9-15.2cm (3.5-6 ")
1.023 - 1.025
8.0 - 8.4
531.67 °R 299.817 K
539.67 °R22.2-26.7°C (72 -80 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Tiger Cowrie, Tiger Cowry
- Males are smaller than females.
- This snail is reef safe.
- Herbivorous; needs lots of algae in its diet.
- Reef tanks will suffice, if it's big enough.
- Has a spotted shell. Largest cowrie known.