Tiger Cowrie (Cypraea tigris)
From The Aquarium Wiki
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
15.24 cm 8.9-15.2cm (3.5-6 ")
1.023 - 1.025
8.0 - 8.4
531.67 °R 299.817 K
539.67 °R22.2-26.7°C (72 -80 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Tiger Cowrie, Tiger Cowry
- Males are smaller than females.
- This snail is reef safe.
- Herbivorous; needs lots of algae in its diet.
- Reef tanks will suffice, if it's big enough, however, this large cowrie may knock over objects; though this is not a concern in tanks with secure rockwork, etc.
- Has a spotted shell. Largest cowrie known.