Lace Gourami (Trichogaster leeri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
56,781.177 mL 56.8 Litres (15 US G.)
4.724 in 10-12 cm (3.9-4.7")
6.0 - 8.0
534.87 °R 301.15 K
542.07 °R24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Pearl Gourami, Lace Gourami, Diamond Gourami, Platinum Gourami, Mosaic Gourami
- Trichogaster leerii, Trichopus leerii, Trichopodus leeri
- Male Pearl Gouramis have a more pointed dorsal fin. Also, they have a more vivid red on their chest area. Females are usually plumper than males.
- A generally peaceful Gourami, although males will be territorial with one another. Should not be kept with fin-nippers such as Serpae Tetras or Tiger Barbs.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake, as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a spacious tank with plenty of swimming space and some tall plants. Does not appreciate a strong current.
- A generally peaceful Gourami that will mainly occupy the top levels of the tank.
- A pretty Gourami with a typical Gourami shape. Both sexes have long ventral "feelers" and their colouration is of a pale base colour with many iridescent dark speckles which cover the body and go into the base of the fins. They also have a bold slender lateral line from nose to the base of the caudal fin. Females lack colour but males will have an orange-red wash around the head and ventral area.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )