Trout Cichlid (Champsochromis caeruleus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
681,374.12 mL 681.4 Litres (180 US G.)
12.992 in 30-33 cm (11.8-13")
7.5 - 8.3
534.87 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
- Malawi Trout, Trout Cichlid, Malawi Lion
- Paratilapia caerulea, Copadichromis caeruleus, Cyrtocara caerulea
- Mature males are blue with some yellow/orange colored spots, long flowing anal and dorsal fins that may reach the tail. Females are generally silver with a black line that runs down the entire length of the body.
- Best kept with similar sized or larger Lake Malawi species.
- Pellets seem to be accepted well by them. There nature diet is small fish or lake sardine.
- Once a day feeding for adults will do and two to three small meals for young fish.
- A very large Lake Malawi Cichlid with an equally large mouth. See sexing for more details.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )