Turquoise Severum (Heros efasciatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
170,343.53 mL 170.3 Litres (45 US G.)
25.4 cm 17.8-25.4cm (7-10 ")
5.0 - 7.0
533.07 °R 302.15 K
543.87 °R23 -29 °C (73.4-84.2°F)
- Turquoise Severum, Red Shouldered Severum
- Chromys appendiculata, Chromys fasciata, Cichlasoma severum perpunctatum, Heros appendiculatus, Uarus centrarchoides
- It is not possible to sex juveniles, but mature males will be more colourful and have extended dorsal and anal fins.
- A reasonably peaceful large Cichlid, can be kept a little like Discus by way of temperament. Can be relatively peaceful but can still be a Cichlid. Should not be kept with bite-sized tank mates, nor with very aggressive or territorial fish as this Severum can be shy.
- Not too fussy a feeder, they do well on a protein rich diet such as bloodworm as well as high quality Cichlid pellets.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a spacious and well filtered tank with secure hiding places.
- In many ways a gentle giant but can be territorial at times.
- How to id the animal.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )