Jewel Cichlid (Hemichromis bimaculatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
170,343.53 mL 170.3 Litres (45 US G.)
5.512 in 13-14 cm (5.1-5.5")
6.5 - 7.5
529.47 °R 296.15 K
533.07 °R21 -23 °C (69.8-73.4°F)
- Hemichromis cristatus
- The females tend to be larger and the males more colourful.
- As with most Cichlids, these fish should be considered semi-aggressive and incompatible with community fish.
- This fish will accept pellets and flake as well as algae-based foods. They will eat live plants.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- These fish need spacious tanks with plenty of hiding places and caves.
- This fish should be considered aggressive. It is primarily mid-top dwelling.
- A colourful oval-shaped fish that is red-orange in base colour, with many iridescent blue spots covering the body and fins,they have two dark spots on the flanks. There are hybrids also seen, these lack the dark spots.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )