Orange-Lined Triggerfish (Balistapus undulatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
378,541.178 mL 378.5 Litres (100 US G.)
27.94 cm 22.9-27.9cm (9-11 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.0 - 8.5
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Orange-Lined Triggerfish, Green Trigger, Undulated Trigger, Orange Striped Triggerfish, Orangestriped Triggerfish, Red-Lined Triggerfish, Striped Triggerfish, Vermiculated Triggerfish
- Balistes aculeatus viridis, Balistes lineatus, Balistes minor, Balistes porcatus, Balistes undulatus
- A highly territorial fish, best kept alone or with other similar sized robust semi-aggressive fish. Will eat smaller fish and invertebrates. Best in fish-only set ups, not reef safe.
- This fish should be provided a varied meaty diet including squid, krill, small fish pieces and hard-shelled shrimp to keep their ever-growing teeth worn down.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Best in a fish-only set up with secure décor as this fish will rearrange its environment and can be destructive. Tank equipment like heaters or thermometers should be protected as this fish can break them.
- A highly aggressive and territorial fish, in captivity this fish will terrorize tank mates. Will vocalise with grunting occasionally.
- A typical Triggerfish in shape, with an oval body and eyes set far back from the snout, with small caudal and pectoral fins. This fish is beautifully coloured with slender orange/green stripes running diagonally across it's body, it has a large dark brown/black spot at the base of it's caudal fin. The rays on the anal, soft dorsal and pectoral fins are orange.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )